Swimmer Meet, Camp and High Performance Funding
2016 – 2017
Total funding 28,600.00
MINIMUM CRITERIA: To be eligible for Meet Funding, athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered with Swimming New Brunswick by October 31 of the current season.
- Must be currently registered to be eligible for meet funding or quarterly carding payments.
- Must have attended a minimum of one1 SNB Championship meet ( NB Spring Champs, NB summer champs) the previous year or if the swimmer did not attend 1 SNB Championship meet the previous year , must attend 1 championship meet ( NB Spring Champs, NB summer champs) in the current year before they are eligible for funding
- Must represent the Swimming New Brunswick club with whom they are registered at any meet for which they will apply for funding
- Coach of Record must be in good standing with SNB/SNC (paid in full to SNC & SNB CSCTA)
- Coach of Record must meet the minimum SNC coach requirements.
- Swimmers receiving national carding are not eligible for New Brunswick swimmer funding.
The SNB policy also in effect is:
“Swimmers attending a National (SNC designated) meet for the second (or more) time must make the meet entry standard at the meet in order to be eligible for full funding, otherwise, only 50% of the designated funding will be allowed ”
Eligibility – Swimmers must meet swimmer funding criteria to be eligible for carding. For 2016-2017 Swimmers from 2015-2016 LC carding will have their eligibility deadline extended to April 30 2017
Once an athlete achieves a Senior National standard ( LC qualifying time within peak windows of March/April or July/August )they receive $50/month from Swimming NB- to be paid quarterly.
Carding status from National standards achieved in the spring peak window March 1 2017- April 30 2017 will expire August 31 2017
Carding status from National standards achieved in the summer peak window July 1 2017 – August 31 2017 will expire April 30 2018
Once a Para swimmer achieves Top 5 performance at Can Ams Winter or Summer or Paralympic Trials in an IPC event and meets the minimum Para carding standard, they will receive $50.00/month from Swimming NB – to be paid quarterly
Must also meet a minimum standard: Minimum standard TBA
Carding status will expire August 31 2017
hp-camp-meet-funding-2016-2017-final Please see this document for breakdown of funding by meet and camp.
This post is also available in: French