The Aquatic Coordinator/Head coach is responsible for the management of the Aquatic Programs,
Aquatic Operations, and the BLAST Swim club; the efficient and effective development and proper
execution of Aquatic programs and operations; and creating a positive and safe aquatic experience
for all stakeholders.
Reports to: Facility Director & Swim Club Executive
Salary: up to $36,500 (aquatic coordinator)
Salary coach +(up to $25000)
Team Building/Daily Team Support
– Provide leadership and direction to the aquatic programs and operations staff (Swim
Teachers, Lesson Supervisors, Aquatic Leadership Instructors, Coaches, Lifeguards, Shift
Leaders) including hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, scheduling, and performance
– Lead, coach, mentor, and empower employees to handle operational challenges and provide
exceptional and legendary service.
– Provide training for the development of staff to meet established job expectations and product
and service knowledge standards including the delivery of job-specific training for new hires.
– Act as the main point of contact for employee continued education and development.
– Be accountable for the performance of the aquatic programs team in meeting team
– Establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a
cohesive working environment.
– Work collectively with other Department Managers and Directors to set up employee
departmental in-services on a recurring basis.
-Carry out and lead by example at a high level all employee performance standards and
-Coordinate decision-making in emergency situations.
– Backfill for front-line team members as required.
-Attend Leadership training when required.
Facilitate emergency procedures training for staff.
– Act as a master trainer for the Intelligenz program pertaining to program registrations.
– Act as a key information source by providing the Aquatic & Fitness Director with customer
feedback, system enhancements, recruitment needs, training and development needs, ideas
for rewards and recognition, new programs/services, and ongoing quality improvement.
– Promote and market Aquatic Programs; interact with customers and patrons, sell additional or
specific programs/services based on customer need and value.
– Actively communicate with both internal and external customers on special events, program
and service changes, and new incentives.
– Communicate program cancellations and changes to various media accordingly.
– Assist both our internal and external customers by proving prompt, sincere, and professional
responses to questions and concerns that arise; striving to exceed our customers’
-Be the main point of contact for product knowledge and services available in the department.
-Assist and empower employees to handle customer complaints by providing a
– Monitor participant evaluation forms and feedback received by tracking and reviewing
information, and following up in a timely manner, and implement any follow-up plans as
Planning and Organizing
– Participate in the development of the annual aquatic programs, in conjunction with the Facility
– Complete all lesson preparation, including instructor materials, session schedules, classes,
and lesson schedules.
-Coordinate Bookings online and in-person to ensure there is adequate pool space available
for the Lessons.
-Conduct course leadership instruction for NLS, Waterfront, LSI’s, WSI’s, and staff training
regularly as needed.
-Monitor aquatic programs and operations staff certifications are current and up to date and
that appropriate training is been organized internally or externally.
-Follow brochure timelines and deadlines and enter quarterly aquatics programs into the
Intelligenz system by the designated date.
– Creation of new business in aquatic programs and specific training through targeted sales
– Evaluate and network with other facilities on an ongoing basis to ensure our market offering is
competitive and appropriate.
-Identify key areas of service and program enhancement.
– Prepare promotional material, communicate strategies and fulfill signage needs throughout
the building and online.
-Evaluate and communicate strengths and weaknesses on the performance of each Instructor
on a semi-annual basis and provide support and guidance as required.
– Support the aquatic programs team on-site during weekends, evening,s and daytime events.
– In collaboration with the Director, communicate equipment needs, order and receive
equipment and supplies including boutique organization and inventory.
– Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the portfolio including Sports
Partners(clubs), Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, Swimming NB, and or lesson providers..etc.
– Attend promotional opportunities as needed, acting as a representative of the Bathurst
-Update and maintain training manuals on policies, procedures, and programs.
-Understand and apply all safety and emergency procedures to ensure a collective,
streamlined and successful execution and ensure the team is trained on these procedures.
-other duties as assigned by the director.
– Participate in staff meetings and chair meetings as required.
– Sit on municipal parks committee as needed.
What You Need Qualifications:
-A minimum of five years of experience in a management/supervisory aquatics role including
demonstrated experience managing a team of a moderate to large size (at least 15 people).
-Current certifications in Life Saving Instructor (or Instructor Trainer) are required prior to
-Pool Operator Level 1 is an asset.
-The Aquatics Safety Inspector is an asset.
-The Aquatics Safety Auditor is an asset.
-Minimum level one coach (Fundamentals) Level 2 (Competition coach) preferred.
– Current certifications (or Teacher Trainer) or Life Saving Instructor (or Instructor Trainer) are
required prior to starting.
– Current certifications in CPR Level C, Standard First Aid, and NLS are required:
-CPR Level C certified within the last two years;
– Standard First Aid recertified within the last 2 years.
-Ambitious, driven, accountable, who thrives in a sport recreational environment.
-Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling
-Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
-Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
-Excellent teamwork and team-building skills as well as ability to work independently with no
– Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in both languages (French and English)
– Proficient with computer skills.
– Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends to accommodate municipal
recreation as needed.
– Preference will be given to candidates with additional certifications in coaching, leadership,
and/or conflict resolution.
Apply online at email@example.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Coaching : up to + $25,000.00 per year
– Remote interview process available
– Personal protective equipment provided
– Social distancing guidelines in place
– Virtual meetings available
-Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place