Dartmouth Crusaders Swim Club is accepting applications for the position of full time Head Coach beginning September 1, 2020.
Crusaders is celebrating its 50th season, a tenure that has included Olympian and Paralympian performances, and in recent history National Age Group/Canadian Junior medalists and National finalists.
The Club has an established pre-competitive program for 5-8 year old swimmers, and competitive club squads from fundamental to senior Provincial level. The team trains mainly at the 8 lane 25 meter Zatzman Sportsplex in Dartmouth, and has access to long course training weekly throughout the season at Centennial pool in Halifax. It also has access to an indoor track and other land training space both indoor and outdoor. Current membership is 70 competitive swimmers and 20 pre-competitive. We are rebuilding after a 2 year renovation project and have a team capacity of 120 in the competitive program.
To be successful in this position you must be a natural leader with an enthusiastic and positive attitude and vision for the future. Great athletes can come from anywhere. Crusaders believe this and our team is seeking a coach with a complementary philosophy to join us in building the foundation that will support future Novatech to National level racing.
- Head coaching or assistant head coaching experience or position of similar responsibility
- NCCP Senior Coach (Level 3) or equivalent an asset, Senior Coach Trained considered
- Competent working with Hytec Team manager and Team Unify,
- Competent with general team administration
- Ability to gain membership with Swimming Canada, CSCTA, and Swim Nova Scotia
- Proven competence in leadership development with respect to mentoring staff professional development; working with part time staff overseeing land and pool training; supporting coaching team communications with regular staff meetings
- Proven competence in skill refinement and leadership development for athletes in support of team vision and mission
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with and guide a network of volunteers in support of team vision and mission
- Administrative functions related to recruiting, competitions and communications
Inquiries encouraged: firstname.lastname@example.org, 902-469-8610
Forward: Resume, Statement of coaching philosophy and coaching goals to: email@example.com, subject “Coaching Position”, or
Dartmouth Crusaders, Box 274, Station Main, 53 Queen St, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 2S9
Closing Date: April 3rd, 2020
Short list applicants only will be contacted. All applications confidential.
About our Community: Dartmouth, NS – City of Lakes
- Dartmouth is part of the Halifax Regional Municipality
- Dartmouth has multiple fresh water lakes throughout the area that host a variety of activities including swimming, paddling, kayaking, SUP boarding, ice fishing, and skating.
- The downtown area where the Zatzman Sportsplex is located in particular is situated next to the Dartmouth Commons, a green space that enables multiple activities including running, soccer, or softball
- Shubie Park – a large forested trail system used by cyclists, runners, walkers, and dog owners who have a designated off-leash area
- Affordable housing compared to major centres in Canada
- Year round Farm Market part of the downtown core
- Active growth and development of the downtown core
- 8 lane 25 meter main tank
- 2 lane 20 meter accessible small tank
- Pool chamber includes one wall of windows that enables natural light, but protection of window canopy that limits excessive heat in summer months
- Fitness, boxing, and strength training gyms
- Full size gymnasium, training centre for the Halifax Hurricanes
- Indoor running track and arena
- Supportive long term working relationship with the Zatzman Sportsplex management
- Current club membership 70, precompetitive membership 20 – growth potential to capacity approximately 120 club swimmers
- Robust visibility of the Crusaders team to a healthy municipal swim lesson program