Summer Swimming in NB
Swimming Canada is considering the development of summer programs as a way to make up for the time lost during this season. Swimming NB agrees with this principle and acknowledges the support provided by Swimming Canada to ensure a «normal» return of activities in our province.
In this regard, we are pleased to inform you that following the Technical Committee meeting held on Saturday, April 3rd, the TC members proposed and the Board approved the following measures.
- Maintain our current approach for meets and camps for the April-June period (in-House meet, Dual meet).
- Plan a LC Championship and SC Premier Festival in July.
- Plan camps or other activities in July and the first two weeks of August.
- Encourage (but not require) clubs to continue their activities in the summer, and to engage younger coaches.
- No camps or competitions from mid-August to the end of September.
2021 Swim NB Nextgen and HP Camps
We are pleased to announce the preliminary list of swimmers who will be invited to the Nextgen and HP camps this season.
The selection criteria are as follows:
- HP: The Multi-Athlete Calculator of Swimming Canada On Track Times 2021 is utilized to identify athletes achieving 5% SC or 10% LC
- NextGen: 2% Eastern for LC and Eastern time for SC.
- Period: Sept 1, 2019 – April 2, 2021.
The standards and the preliminary list are available in the link below. Please check it and contact the office before April 18, 2021 if you notice any omissions.
2021 Swimming NB Devo Camps
We are pleased to inform you that the 1st Development Camp of the region north will take place on April 24th in Shippagan. We thank Shippagan Swimming Club for accepting to host this camp. There will be no registration fee for this year’s development camps and each swimmer will be provided with a swim cap :)
We kindly ask all parents of invited swimmers to register via the link below before April 16th.
Information regarding camps of South and centre regions will be published as soon as possible.
NCCP Online Coach Education Opportunities Spring 2021
Coach NB offers online competition introduction and development courses in both languages.
Please note that:
- A Core Training for Coach Evaluators (in English) will be offered on April 21 and 22.
- A full round of Competition Introduction courses in French will be offered this spring, thanks to a partnership between Coach NB and Entraîneur Québec.
- A 60% reduction in multi-sport course fees for New Brunswick coaches was made possible through a grant received by Coach NB through the Go NB program.
The complete course calendar can be found here:
National Volunteer Week – Reminder
Swimming NB wishes to recognize the priceless efforts of its volunteers in celebration of National Volunteer Week, April 18-24.
Please take the time to select one volunteer who has supported your club and submit a nomination to Swimming NB via the link below by April 14, 2021 All nominees will receive a certificate of recognition and $50 while the Swim NB Volunteer of the Year will receive a prize of $250.
Provincial Records Alert!
Records are to be broken, not kept!
Congratulations to Colson Mersereau from CVAC and CNBO relay teams for setting provincial records this week.
|Yannick Dupuis, Austin Lemieux, Noah Beausoleil Gabriel Meunier||15 – 17 Men 25m||4 x 50m Freestyle||1:38.09|
|Yannick Dupuis Gabriel Mazerolle Noah Beausoleil Gabriel Meunier||15 – 17 Men 25m||4 x 50m Medley||1:49.25|
|Yannick Dupuis Nathan Richard Noah Beausoleil Gabriel Meunier||15 – 17 Men 25m||4 x 100m Medley||4:01.07|
|Colson Mersereau||15 – 17 Men 25m||50 m Freestyle||23.69|