2020 Olympic and Paralympic Swimming Trials
Swimming Canada announced today Friday, January 22, 2021 the following decisions:
- Postponement of Olympic and Paralympic Trials to May 24-28, 2021 while maintaining the same invitational-only format, with a maximum of 20 athletes per Olympic event and 15 athletes per Paralympic event, contested as timed finals.
- An additional invitational qualifying meet will also be planned as an opportunity for potential Olympic athletes June 21 to 23.
- Nominate the following athletes for the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Athletes who are medallists or Canada’s top placing individual finalists in these events at the 2019 FINA World Championships.
- 2019 World Para Swimming Championships medallists.
Swimming NB 2021 Technical Committee
Swimming NB is pleased to announce the appointment of two coaches to join existing members Mohamed Rachidi, Melanie Melanson and Ryan Allen and David Anderson.
The new TC for the 2020-2021 season will be composed of:
- Mohamed Rachidi
- Melanie Melanson
- Ryan Allen
- Brian Wood
- Ian Smith
- David Anderson
At this point, we thank Marta Belsh and Diane Guignard for all their efforts for and dedication to Swimming NB.
The 1st TC meeting will be held next week for the purpose of determining the responsibilities of each member.
NCCP Online Coach Education Opportunities
We would like to remind our coaches that NCCP multisport coach education courses will be happening online this winter and spring, and there are still spaces left in almost every course.
If you have a need for a course that is not listed below, please inform us by indicating your course request, the preferred course language and the number of coaches looking for the module.
Please note that Coach NB is in the process of adding French courses to the calendar but have not confirmed dates.
2021 Swimming NB Coaches Education Courses -Reminder
We would like to remind you that Swimming NB is coordinating with Swimming Canada to plan the 2021 online coaching calendar. We ask our members to inform us of the exact number of coaches interested in taking each type of course (community, 101 and 201) and the preferred language by January 30, 2021.