Postponement of Canada Games
Here is a summary of the meeting between the PSOs and Team NB last Friday, 24th September 2020, regarding the postponement of the Canada Games 2021:
- No information as to the technical package has been released so far nor has a decision been made yet on the new dates but you may rest assured that we keep you in the loop once available.
- The Canada Games Council will be launching new clothing and gear for 2022, so you should hold off on buying any official Canada Games gear until that time.
- The actual Canada Games logo should remain the same just with the year changed to 2022.
AGM 2020: Call for Nominations – Board of Directors (BoD)
Even if it is possible to submit a nomination for the SNB BoD at the AGM, it would be greatly appreciated if we could receive it well in advance, along with the candidate’s biography. If you are interested in joining our Board, please submit the application form by 11th October 2020, for the convenience of our delegates in the process of selecting new directors.
The nomination form is available via the following link:
AGM 2020 – Clubs’ Reports
We remind all clubs which have not yet submitted their annual reports to do so as soon as possible to be included in the Swimming NB annual report.
Updated COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Please see the link below for the Sport and Recreation Branch COVID-19 FAQs with updated information from the Dept of Health (Public Health).
Basically, the latest updates are about:
- Use of face shields/masks
- Maximum number of participants allowed in a facility or on an outdoor field for organized recreation and sport activities.
- The 1 metre rule
- Use of lockers/showers
Please also consult the link below for the COVID-19 Information Bulletin – Fall 2020 written by Dr. Steve Keeler, National Team Physician, Swimming Canada:
Webinar – Emergency Community Support Fund
On 5th October 2020, the second round of the Emergency Community Support Fund will be available to community organizations.
Non-profit organizations can apply via the Canadian Red Cross’ portal here:
If you would like to learn more, you can join a webinar to be held on 6th October 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Education – Community Coach Course
SNB is offering an online community coach course on 17th/18th October 2020 instructed by Marta Belsh. The deadline to register via edu.swimming.ca is 10th October 2020. The dates for a course in French will follow soon.