Organized sport and facility restrictions for Orange Zones
Please be advised, that effective tonight at midnight, zone 1 (Moncton) and zone 5 (Campbellton) are now in alert level orange.
This means the following restrictions are in place for zones 1 and 5 (As per the information in this document):
- Organized Sport is NOT allowed (neither indoor nor outdoor)
- Note that for regions in orange level phase individuals who reside in those regions cannot travel outside of the region to a yellow phase jurisdiction to participate in organized sport.
Cancellation of the Can Am Para Swimming Open
Due to a significant surge in COVID-19 cases across much of Canada and revised health directives from BC and federal governments, Swimming Canada (SNC) has decided to cancel the 2020 Speedo Can Am Para Swimming Open in Vancouver scheduled for 11th-13th December 2020.
Services re Postponement of Canada Summer Games (CSG)
The Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic has organized some support services for coaches and athletes affected by the postponement of the CSG.
To register and get more information about the services available, please consult the following document:
SNB Awards 2020
We remind you that the time limit to submit nominations for the following SNB annual awards expires on 18th October 2020.
- Development Coach of the Year: Nominated coach must be minimum NCCP Level 1 certified.
- Volunteer and Official of the Year: Each club has the possibility to nominate up to two persons per award.
New Resource Person (RP) Training
SNB is looking to begin training new RPs in Community Sport and 101.
Eligibility criteria are :
- Certified at the level at which the individual intends to teach the course
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a coach
- Complete basic training (RPTFE)
- Additional Recommended Prerequisite:
- Mentoring Module as a Prerequisite for Basic Training
We invite coaches interested in becoming a resource person to have a look at the document retrievable via the link below describing the process of the training and to contact us for more information.
SNC #SwimAgain Challenge
Thank you to all the clubs, coaches and swimmers who participated in Week #1 of the SNC #SwimAgain Challenge.
Feel free to visit the SNC website at www.swimming.ca/swimagain for Week # 1 Results, Rankings and Random draw winners!
If one of your swimmers has won one of the random draws, please have them send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to collect the prize.
This week, Iain Bulla from NES is among the lucky winners 15 years & over. Congratulations, Iain! ?