COVID-19 UPDATE: Time Trials meets
As you are aware, the Sport Branch has updated the Circuit Breaker restrictions by allowing swimmers below 12 to travel out of the region and attend meets.
Swimming NB recommends that Host Clubs consult with their aquatic centers in advance to make sure they have the required Covid19 operational plan and the required Public Health guidelines.
Swimming NB would like to inform all members that to keep our swimmers motivated and allow them an opportunity to improve their performance, we will sanction only one time trial meet (Class 2) per club until December 31, 2021. Please note:
- Additional time trials may be sanctioned in cases where public health restrictions prevent a club and/or swimmer from participating in a scheduled Swim NB meet.
- Time trials must not interfere with Swim NB meet.
- Swim NB may sanction a Class 1 time trial meet if the host club meets the criteria for this type of sanction in terms of the level of officials, the potential provincial record.
It is possible to organize safe competitions for Covid19. However, this requires a collective effort from all the people and parties involved. We are confident that this can be achieved with everyone’s effort. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Call for Nominations – Technical Committee
Swimming NB is calling for applications to the Technical Committee for the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 seasons. Interested coaches are invited to submit the form below by November 15, 2021.
Please note that a couple of points in the TC Terms of Reference have been adjusted by the Swimming NB Board of Directors including the eligibility criteria and the term of mandate for each member.
Information is provided on the form below. période du mandat pour chaque membre.
Provincial Coach Coordinators
We are excited to share the names of our team of provincial coaches who will coordinate and support the training, development and competition activities of our programs.
- High Performance: Ryan Allen + Mohamed Rachidi.
- NextGen: Mark Fellner.
- Para Team: Ryan Allen.
- Canada Games head coach: Mohamed Rachidi.
We are still accepting applications for our development team coach until November 8, 2021.
SNB November Challenge
We are pleased to present Swimming NB November challenge:
- Only coaches are allowed to submit their swimmers’ results to firstname.lastname@example.org by completing the worksheet below
- Coaches may record practice times on any date until November 30, 2021.
- If swimmers improve their performance during this period, coaches may resubmit that swimmer’s time.
- 200m Kick
Gift cards will be awarded to the fastest times in the following categories
- 12 and under
- 15 and over
Two shirts and a backpack from our champion Danielle Dorris will be awarded to 3 swimmers in a random draw.
Deadline for submission
November 30th, 2021
Invitational #1 SC
In order to plan for Invitational #1 to be hosted by SWRD on November 23-24, we are asking all clubs to express their intentions to participate in this provincial meet and to provide an approximate number of participating swimmers via this survey by November 5.
Best Time Ribbons: Club Needs
This season Swimming New Brunswick is designing and ordering best time ribbons for swimmers. If your team would like to receive some, please email email@example.com before November 8th and let us know how many you would like to receive so that we can send you a price quote and finalize the order.
We would like to inform all Club Officials Coordinators that the next Officials Committee meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 9th at 6:30 pm. Here is the link to the call:
Cet article est aussi disponible en: Français