SNB Board 2021-22
To help us deliver more activities this season, SNB Directors will each focus on specific areas.
- Stephen Wyatt will remain as President until the AGM in 2022.
- Annie Robichaud is now Vice-President. She will also lead a revision of meet planning and help us while Covid remains an issue.
- Kim Stevens is Secretary and will be improving our communication program, especially with swimmers for social media.
- Jodie Lowe is Treasurer with oversight of our support for swimmers, clubs, and programs, plus helping to build up numbers and skills of officials.
- Stephen Smith is helping to strengthen our administrative procedures, to develop partnerships with other organisations, and to try and draw some national events to NB.
- Paula Stewart is leading our Coordinating Coaches to deliver a greater range of activities for all our swimmers.
Directors will often be at meets in their green shirts. Please feel free to talk to them about these or other issues, or to send them an email via Marwen.
2022 Canada Games Hopeful Squad: Camp#1
We would like to thank all the parents and coaches of the 2022 Canada Games Hopeful Team who are registered for our 1st camp scheduled for December 18, 2021, in Saint John and Bathurst and remind you that the registration deadline is December 5, 2021.
This is a reminder that NBOC will host a Referee Clinic during the SC New Brunswick Open Cup. The deadline to register is January 15, 2022, and the registration link is below.
WVST is back!
We are pleased to welcome back Western Valley Swim Team (WVST) from Woodstock to the NB swimming community. Even though Premier #1 was the first swim meet for 11 WVST swimmers, 2 of them successfully qualified to the invitational #1 under the direction of Head Coach Teague Foreman. There will be 13 swimmers competing this week at Premier#2 and we hope to have the majority qualified and racing at MLTC for a banner!!
A special thanks to all WVST administrators and coaches.
Envisioning Sport Survey
Sport New Brunswick is collaborating with the Sport and Recreation Branch to spearhead a sector-led process to strengthen and grow the sport system in New Brunswick. The work will envision a system that ensures its components, including sport governing bodies and government partners, become stronger, more coordinated, and streamlined voices for sport at all levels.
In order to help us make the necessary improvements to our sports system, please take a few moments to fill out the above survey. Thank you!
Upcoming SNB Events
Two Premier Meets are scheduled this weekend.
Good luck swimmers!
|Premier Meet 2|
|4 December 2021||TIDE / FAST-SSAC-SWRD-|
|Canada Games Aquatic|
Centre – Saint John
|Premier #2 –|
|4 December 2021||NES / BLAST-AQUA-LES-|