Start the New Year off by a Swim Camp
Swim NB announces 4 camps for swimmers in January and February 2023:
- January 22 Next Gen Camp in Sackville
- February 04 Central Devo Camp in Moncton
- February 04 North Devo Camp in Shippigan
- February 04 South Devo Camp in Woodstock
Many thanks to the Sackville Swim Club, Codiac Vikings Aquatic Club, Shippigan Swim Club and Western Valley Swim Team and the coaches responsible for hosting and running these camps.
A list of invited swimmers can be found here: https://www.swimnb.ca/swimmers/
- Online registration is open at https://www.swimnb.ca/forms/. Deadline is January 13, 2023.
- The registration fee is $30, payment can be made by cheque or electronic transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 13.
- Each swimmer will receive a swim cap.
- The club must provide an NCCP certified coach to attend the camp with the participants.
- Information on the camp schedule and technical program will be published as soon as possible.
Coach NB is hosting a series of NCCP Coach Clinics in January:
- Jan 14-15: prevention and Recovery
- Jan15: Core Training for learning facilitator
- Jan 19-21: Psychology of performance
- Jan 22: Make Ethical Decisions.
You can find more information and registration in The Locker calendar.
Meet Calendar: FAST Distance Invitational
Following the cancellation of the Invitational #1 for the EAST region for lack of a host club, we inform you that the FAST Distance meet, planned for January 14-15 in Sussex, is now open to the whole province. Please note the following changes:
- An increase in the maximum number of swimmers accepted from 130 to 160
- 2 separate registration deadlines. January 8th for western teams and January 9th for eastern teams. Western teams will have priority.
- Earlier start time on Saturday. Warm-up will be changed from 12:00 to 10:00 and the warm-up time will be changed from 1/2 hour to 1 hour to allow for a separate warm-up.
- Sunday’s warm-up will also be changed from 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
2023 Atlantic Cup: We inform you that this meet has been moved by one week from 7 to 10 July to 14-17 July. The open water event is expected to take place on 17 July 2023.
Officials Shirts Online Store
We have set up an online shop for officials to purchase officials’ shirts. Here is the online shop link: https://stores.inksoft.com/swim_natation_nb/shop/home
Please share this with your club officials coordinators. The deadline for ordering is January 10th.
FINA Becomes World Aquatics
With the announcement that FINA has become World Aquatics, Swimming NB will work through the process of updating documents to reflect the change. Some will take place more quickly and easily than others.
SNB Office closed until January 8th
The office will be closed from December 30-January 8! We hope that everyone has a fantastic holiday season, and we’ll see you back at the pool in 2023! Emails will be monitored periodically during this time. For emergencies ONLY, please contact Annie Robichaud at email@example.com
Swim NB Team