2022 CG selection process
On February 24th, the Board considered recommendations from the Technical Committee about the CG selection process, along with comments received from several clubs and from the CG Head-Coach. In deciding how to choose the best team to represent our province, the Board considered not only fastest times, but also ensuring fairness and the importance of respecting the process and criteria that were presented to swimmers and parents in November 2021.
- There will be two qualifying opportunities for the Canada Games 2022 Team: – Long Course Championships in a three- day format on March 25-27; and – Canada Games Trials in a four-day format on May 5-8.
- All swimmers hoping to represent our province at the Canada Games must compete in the Trials, but selection will be based on their best time from these two meets.
- Swimmers competing in the SNC Easterns on April 21-24 will not be able to count their times as CG qualifying times.
A letter from the President about this decision is available:
2021-22 SwimNB Meet Calendar
As you know, a sub-committee of the Board of Directors has been formed to discuss the technical -challenges of returning to competition and has decided to maintain 2021-2022 meet calendar for the rest of the year intact.
We will therefore have 2 meets scheduled in March: NB Long Course Champ hosted by TIDE and CNBO from March 25th to 27th and a Masters meet hosted by BLAST on March 19th.
We remind you that All Swim Clubs are eligible to host Class 1 and/or Class 2 sanctioned time trials a condition not to interfere with the provincial and regional meets. Please review sanction guidelines for details.
Clubs interested in hosting a time trial and need assistance with officiating and sanction requests can contact the NB Officials Committee at NBOCSecretary@gmail.com or email@example.com at least 2 weeks before the meet date.
We inform you also that 3 camps are scheduled for next month.
- March 19th Devo Camp central Sackville
- March 20th Devo Camp North Bathurst
- March 20th Next Gen Camp Miramichi More details about the list of swimmers and the schedule will follow next week!
SNC Masters Awards and Challenge
If you have not yet submitted your nomination for the 2022 Swimming Canada Masters Swimming Awards, this is a reminder that the deadline is Monday, February 28th. Also, get ready for the March challenge which will be a 100m individual medley. More details will be posted on SNC’s website on March 1st.
Swimming Canada 2022 Junior Virtual Camp
Swimming Canada has selected Brynne Leroy and her coach Brian Woods to join a national junior training camp to be held on March 26, 2022.
The key purpose of this activity is inspiring the next generation of Canadian Swimmers, with a motivational event prior to the April Trials and detailing the most likely events that will happen in 2022.
2022 Canada Games – Officials Selection
Swimming Canada has selected two NB officials as Major Technical Officials for the 2022 Canada Games: Bill Morisson and JP Dorris.
Congratulations to both!
Swim NB Team