To get registered with Swimming New Brunswick, Coaches must meet the following minimum standards:
- All Coaches must submit a Criminal Records Check including a Vulnerable Sectors Search to Swim New Brunswick by November 1st if there is not one on file, or if requested by Swimming New Brunswick.
- Must be fully registered with Swimming New Brunswick, Swimming Canada and the Canadian Swim Coaches and Teachers Association no later than November 1st annually.
- All Coaches must complete Safe Sport Training (CAC) or Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training no later than November 1st (Year-Round Coaches)
The CAC Safe Sport Training Module can be found through the Locker. The CAC’s module is free of charge and coaches receive 2 NCCP PD points upon completion. Re-certification of the course will be required once every 5 years.
- All Coaches must meet the minimum NCCP Swim Coach Education and membership requirements as outlined in the Swimming Canada Procedures and Rules.
- Coaches that are not registered by the above deadlines are not eligible to be on deck during sanctioned competitions or swim practices.