Swimming New Brunswick is looking for 3 Directors
The Board of Directors of Swim Natation NB is responsible for broad oversight of competitive swimming in the province, for coordinating the actions of clubs, coaches and officials, and specifically for supervising the work of our Executive Director. The Board comprises 5 Directors, who serve two-year terms. Directors are elected during the Annual General Meeting, with half of the Board being renewed each year.
This year, the terms of two members expire and the AGM will be considering a recommendation to increase the Board to 6 members. Swim Natation NB is therefore seeking at least 3 candidates. Executive positions on the Board (President, Secretary, Treasurer) are not determined at the AGM, but are elected by the Directors shortly afterwards. The AGM will be held on October 15th 2017 – candidates are welcome to attend but are not obliged to do so.
To ensure that the Board is composed of qualified and skilled persons capable of, and committed to, providing effective leadership to SNB, the Nominating Committee is looking for individuals that have one or more of the following:
- A background, passion and knowledge of swimming as an athlete, coach, official, administrator or volunteer leader;
- Knowledge of strategic planning and business planning
- Human resources management expertise;
- Legal and risk management expertise;
- Business and corporate experience, including expertise in financial management; and/or demonstrated leadership skills in non-profit organizations.
The 2016-17 Board comprised:
|David Frise||President||Moncton||Standing for re-election in October 2017|
|Michelle Morin||Secretary||Bathurst||Term expires in October 2018|
|Janice||Treasurer||Term expires in October 2017|
|Shannon Douthwright||Moncton||Term expires in October 2018|
|Maryse Nadeau||Fredericton||Term expires in October 2018|
Cet article est aussi disponible en: Français